Seeds of a Madness Flower

0 Comments Saturday, September 6, 2014 | @ 4:34 AM
Well, this is quite an honour to be here and to be writing my first blog for . Normally I would celebrate in some way, perhaps with a large cup of tea and a jammy dodger biscuit. For those of you who already know me, I do have rather a reputation for liking the occasional cup of tea ...... OK, I admit it, LOTS of tea!!! The odd jammy dodger biscuit makes an appearance as well, although not for long and certainly not as often as I would like them to!So, in recognition of being asked to blog for '' and very much in honour of my love for tea and jammy dodgers, I have put together a treasury of beautiful and inspiring pieces of work from the very talented and creative people of Folksy. To me, these pieces show how a truly creative person can draw inspiration from everyday, possibly mundane, items to produce something inspiring, uplifting and desired by many. I hope you will enjoy my lighthearted journey through the pages of Folksy and share in the appreciation of these unique and inspired pieces of work.I love the quirkiness of this print and the fact that it depicts the typically British tradition of tea drinking. The use of cockney rhyming slang can't help but make you smile. 7 x 5" mounted print 'Rosy Lee' by Artwork by AngieWhat can I say? It really does look good enough to eat!Jammy Dodger Pendant by CutiePiesI chose this because the fluid lines of the teaspoon lend themselves perfectly to the shape of a ring. I love the concept of recycling the odd, or unwanted, teaspoons to breathe new life into them. It reminds me of a mobile I once bought for my kitchen, that was made entirely from recycled cutlery.Sterling Silver Teaspoon Ring by Sophie Marie Smith DesignThese would certainly make bath time more fun!Biscuit Soap Set - Oreo, Jammy Dodger, Custart Cream & Bourbon - yummy fun food soap - vegan and suitable for sensitive skinI love these! Lino printing reminds me of early craft experiences at school and these cards inspire me to maybe try it again one day.Teapot Linoprint Cards, Set of 4Although not strictly tea, or jammy dodger related, this gorgeous little chap appeared in my search and he does have a somewhat striking resemblance to a certain biscuit!Tubby Love Cat (Dark Brown) by Quernus CraftsAnother quirky one. I love the individuality of this brooch.Square Wooden Teapot Brooch by Kettle of FishI like the bold simplicity of the design on this one and the sentiment obviously!"I love tea"! Mug, Red by Quite Contrary CraftsThis is just so striking and a great combination of different styles that work together so well. A really eyecatching teapot, but also an amazing piece of art. You would definately want to get this one out if Hyacinth Bucket came round for tea and SO much nicer than her hand painted periwinkle set!Tin Can Teapot by Rebecca Sims Ceramics

Labels: , ,