Seeds of a Madness Flower

0 Comments Thursday, October 30, 2014 | @ 2:10 PM
Well there are plenty of Christmas gift guides out there, but what about the wrapping? I personally love wrapping presents, I try to do something new each year - this year I'm using tissue paper, heart stickers, organza bags with fabric cloth wraps. I'm trying to stay away from commercial papers and raid my fabric stash instead. I might as well do a little to save the planet whilst I'm taking my Handmade Pledge!Although why shouldn't your Handmade Pledge extend to the wrapping? Those talented Folksters have come up top trumps again, here are a few of my favs.A relatively new seller The Copper Swallow makes some delightful greetings cards and paper goods. These gift tags remind me of brown paper parcels and postcards from far away lands, available in packs of five.These pretty gift boxes from Bazzil's Great Adventure would be great to package up some special jewellery or a little bottle of perfume. Loving the chrysanthemum print too.I'd never thought of making the tape a feature of my wrapping before, well not until I saw this tape anyway! Would look great over silver, gold, brown or cream paper, pick up a roll from Magic Alice.These mini tins would be perfect for a teeny stocking filler, you could fill them with beads for a fellow crafter, a little bit of pocket money for an advent calendar, or even some sweeties. What ever you decide to use them for, you can get them from The Jazzy Jewelz Studio.I've already mentioned fabric wraps, but these ones are stunning. Made by, who else, myfuroshiki, these wraps can be used again and again. I think they'd look beautiful framed too.This luxury paper ribbon from Lupin Handmade would look fab around a home baked Christmas cake, or as the finishing touch to a pretty parcel.Each of these gorgeous manilla paper tags from Charlotte Macey Textiles is drawn and pained by hand. Now there's a truly unique tag for your pressies! Quite frankly these are so cute I'd be tempted to hang them on my tree as decorations.Hopefully your head will be brimming with festive and unique gift wrapping ideas ready just in time for Christmas. As always all items are available to purchase through Folksy, just click the shop name links, and let me know what you think with a comment below.Best of festive greetings to you! (even if it's still November!)

Labels: , , , , , , ,